
I know. All of my recent posts are soooooo late! It's actually quite inaccurate to call them recent posts because they are so belated. At least I'm writing them though!
Aubin and I were supposed to spend Easter weekend with Chris, but due to a training that was rescheduled we ended up staying in Washington. I tried to get Aubin excited for the event, and he did get excited... once he saw that eggs filled with wonderful things were involved! Mom and I took him to a neighborhood egg hunt on Saturday to prep him for the big family hunt on Sunday. We got there 5 minutes late thinking surely they wouldn't start for another 5 or 10 minutes in order to allow all the kids to get there and ready, right? Wrong! We showed up only to discover the kids were already spread out and about scavenging every rock and bush in hopes of finding an egg. So we gave Aubin a friendly push forward with his basket and let him have at it. At first he just stood there looking at all the kids and obviously wondering what it was that he was missing. I tried to find an egg to help him understand what they were looking for, but I couldn't find any! Aubin was one of only two babes there, and it seemed that all the parents were gauking and oozing adoration for his cuteness. Because of this, one mom was nice enough to take two eggs out of her daughter's 50 (I swear!) and lay them on the ground in front of Aubin so that he could experience the thrill of discovering his own egg. He did! As soon as he realized what the kids were doing, he was off! He was everywhere! I was glad that he didn't make away with too many eggs though, because if there's one thing Aubin does not need in any kind of quantity it's sugar! I have to say though, it was such a sweet thing to watch him have such fun with all those kids and seeing the sheer delight on his face. Awesome! Here is some footage of this egg hunt:
...Ahem, well no footage folks. I have a new computer and apparently windows vista is not compatible with the camcorder we have been borrowing from my parents. Boo. That's all I have to say... that and for Christmas this year I want a new camcorder and camera. Just puttin' it out there!
Next we went down to have an Easter celebration with my extended family on my mom's side. She has 7 of 9 siblings who all live around the Lacey, WA , area and 1 sibling who often is able to join us from Oregon. That makes for a LOT of cousins, and 2nd cousins for Aubin to play with and be adored by. We ate good food, we visited, and then we had the big hunt. We had to do the hunt inside because it rained most of the day and we didn't want to delay too long. Since Magnus and Aubin are the two youngest, we let them get a head start before the other kids. I have to say, the two of them were darn cute! Sure enough, Aubin remembered the day before and knew EXACTLY what he was supposed to do. He could not be deterred by anyone from his egg hunting extravaganza. I loved watching my uncles giggle and scheme in order to have Aubin come find an egg on their lap or arm, etc... So much fun! We all enjoyed it tremendously and the kids were more than satisfied with their Easter booty (as in treasure...get your mind of the gutter! Geesh!).
I would insert more video here, but I CAN'T! Gosh darn it! But here are some pictures at least. They will have to do.


We wish Chris could have enjoyed the day with us, but when don't we wish that. Right? All in all it was a wonderful holiday, and we were greatful to enjoy the blessings our Savior has given us... Including, of course, all of you! Happy late (really late) Easter!
As an added bonus, here are some cute pictures of our little stud one morning he woke up. Cutest little bug ever.
Yes, he had all of his stuffed animals in his arms.And no, he did not put them down for a while...good thing that elephant trunk hung in there!


1 comment:
Nothing like playing blog catch-up! It looks like a very happy Easter for cute little Aubin. Good luck with your move! I am glad you and Chris will be together again!
Post a Comment