Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sweet, Funny Boy Aubin

_MG_0594

Life has been busy!  I have all these things I want to blog, but I seem to have a hard time fitting it in.  Between two kids, a busy hubby, a house, church and a growing photography business, blogging time is nearly extinct!  So before I forget, here are a few recent funny stories, brought to you courtesy of our sweet boy Aubin :)

_MG_7939
  • Several weeks ago, I thought it would be fun to see if Aubin had been singing the "Sunbeam" song in Primary at Church.  He's been in Primary for a little over a month, so I figured he's probably heard it at leas once, and it was always one of my favorites.  I asked him and in usual Aubin fashion, he looked around hoping that an answer would come to him.  Instead of waiting further, I began to sing the song for him.  After several minutes passed, Chris and I were singin' our hearts out rather irreverently.  Aubin thought it was great though and pretty soon he was singing along with us.  After finishing a round, Aubin burst into maniacal laughter: "a-ha-ha-ha!  I LOVE it!"  Chris and I practically fell of the couch laughing.  It's impossible to emulate the manner in which he said this over the computer, but you can take my word that it was HILARIOUS!  We'd never hear him say the phrase "I love it" ever before, and with the crazy laughter before it was priceless.  Needless to say, he's a fan of the "Sunbeam" tune now.
  • Since Lilia is beginning to get bigger and smarter, and more attentive, etc... We have begun revisiting the baby signing.  We have specifically been watching the "Baby Signing Time" DVD.  It's been interesting and funny to see how Aubin has been re-absorbing some of the signs we used to use and others too.  For example, the other day I asked Aubin to go potty.  He didn't want to.  I told him to go!  As he bounced away on his tippy toes he yelled "No!  Aalllllllir done" while shaking his hands in the air (which is the sign for all done).  I had to work so hard to not laugh out loud!  Then, another morning Aubin told me "I like some j.... (something I couldn't understand)."  It took me a few tries before I finally figured out he was saying "I like some j for juice!"  Again, so funny because the sign for juice is taking your pinkie and swoopin it like a "j" and they explain it saying "j for juice."  It's been weeks now and Aubin hasn't asked for juice any other way!
  • Aubin has been on a kick lately and often when we say "Aubin, I love you!"  He replies with something like "you're SO crazy" or "you're SO funny!"  He pulled a new one out today when I said "you're so cute" and he responded "you're SO mommy!"  Ha!  Why yes I am. :)
  • Tonight we had dinner at my brother, Ian's, house.  Ian and Aubin are pretty much like two peas in a pod in the comedy and play area.  They can't get enough of each other... most of the time.  Imagine Ian's surprise tonight when upon tickling Aubin, he recieved no response of laughter.  Ian asked Aubin "hey, where's the reaction?"  To which Aubin responded, while he looked to the side and pointed to the air next to him, "it's right there!"  Where does he come up with this stuff?
  • Chris has been on a mission to get Aubin to brush his teeth by himself.  While he understands we will still have to brush Aubin's teeth for a while yet to ensure it's being done effectively, he still wants Aubin to be able to do himself.  So at bedtime the other night Chris told Aubin to go brush his teeth.  Aubin ran without a fuss into the bathroom (he doesn't mind the independence of brushing his own teeth either), and was in there for several minutes before I went to check on him and finish the job.  I walked in and instantly knew something wasn't right.  Aubin had bubbles all over his mouth and down his bare chest.  I grabbed the brush, examined it, and then smelt it.  Yep.  Not right.  He had been brushing his teeth with hand soap.  That explained the grimace on Aubin's face and the following yaks and spits.  Lol!  I guess threatening to wash his mouth out with soap wouldn't really be that much of a threat!  The poor spit into the sink several times, face squished in dismay as if to say "I thought something tasted funny!"
  • And lastly, but not actually since I'm sure there will be more to come, when we were driving home today I queued up the ipod so we could jam out in the car as usual.  One of Duffy's new songs "well, well, well" came on and I just wasn't sure that was what I was looking for, so I skipped it.  Keep in mind, Aubin had never heard this song before.  Upon skipping Aubin began to cry out "no! Sing song!  Need wew, wew, wew!"  Umm... Who knew that song was so important to him?  I quickly changed it back when I discovered how I offended my dear music lover and he instantly smiled and began to sing along.  Aubin is very particular about his pop hits.  He knows what he likes (don't mess with him and Lady Gaga!).  For all of you out there appalled at discovering Aubin listens to Lady Gaga, Duffy, etc...  Put your mind at rest.  He loves his classical too, and right after Duffy we happily sang along to "B-A Bay"  by the Limelighters.  It's a fun song combining consonants and vowels.  With parents like us, it's an unavoidable certainty he will have eclectic taste in music. And we like that ;)
_MG_8598

Oh my dear, sweet boy.  If life with you isn't fun, I don't know what is!  You keep me on my toes, sometimes not in the happiest of ways, but I wouldn't change a thing about you.  I "wuh" you to pieces Aubs!

_MG_8807

No comments: