Monday, February 18, 2008

1-2-3 Success!

So as my life with Aubin has begun, I have had several little successes that just thrill me! So funny how it really is the small things in life that make you happiest. First of all, I am now sleeping in my own bed again and Aubin is sleeping in his nursery. Hallelujah! And as many of you know, the poor little bug has had trouble passing his own bowel movements...so sad. But, today he passed a BIG one all by himself! I was so happy I started to dance around with him! He has also started to smile and cooh a little, which is a big joy to me and daddy. We can't hardly wait to see his little personality develop and start to have all kinds of fun with him. He also really enjoyed his bath for the first time the other night. I took out the infant hammock from the baby bath so he was a little more immersed in the water, and he thought that was great. Chris and I laughed as we watched him launch his little legs out and toss his arms upward. So cute and so much fun...and lastly... Yesterday Aubin only had like a 1 hour nap and I screamed almost the whole day. I tried everything I could think of to no avail. Finally, at night I called Nana and Papa and they suggested that I give him some baby Tylenol just to help him with whatever was bothering him. I did and the poor guy was so tuckered he fell asleep all by himself in the bassinet. Neadless to say, I was so relieved that he was finally comfortable and sleeping. On top of it, he slept for 7.5 hours!!! Yahoooo! It was great! And he has been a much happier baby today! Well, hope everyone is doing well, and more to come!

3 comments:

Megan said...

It so fun to see them grow and develop! 7.5 hours of sleep?!?!?! Becks, you are blessed!!! I meant to call you on Saturday, and then every day since, Kate got sick with a cough, stuffy nose and the throw ups, so I didn't think it was a good idea to bring her over to see your baby! I was so sad! I really wanted to see him! POST MORE PICTURES PLEASE!!!

Mom B. said...

Finally I get to see a picture!!! He is adorable! Thanks for the update and I'm glad things are going well for all of you.

We are going to be in Provo for April conference, so we need to get together and see your sweet little guy! I have some outfits for him too! I love buying baby clothes!!!

Take care and we will see you soon!
Love,
Aunt Marie

Colleen said...

Rebecca! You have a BABY! And a cute one at that...he is such a doll! I am excited to check in on the fam with your new blog.