Wednesday, November 5, 2008

He Was Big, He Was Scary, He Was... The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!


Chris and I had been arguing for quite some time over what we should dress Aubin up as for this most hallowed of holidays, when as we sat watching "Ghostbusters" it hit us... those legs look just like Aubin's... "That's it! He'll be the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!" We both agreed on it without further argument, and so I set out to create our puffy little friend.

For the most part it was pretty easy. He's already got the chub, so I picked up some white tights and a white long-sleeved onesie for the base. All that was left was the little cap and bib. I was pretty sure that the bib would be pretty easy, but the cap had me a little worried. I don't sew, and my craft skills are really quite limited. However, all this considered, I was determined that I could figure it out. I gathered supplies and set out to work Halloween afternoon (don't worry, I'm not a procrastinator or anything!). In the end, I had figured it out and was really quite impressed and proud with the outcome. Chris was too!

Finally, the big event came and we got him all dressed up (with a few quick adjustments, thanks Monica and Tammie!) He looked so cute! We took pictures and headed out with our friend Nathan and his son Crevan, and my brother and sister in-law. At first Aubin seemed in a zombie-like trance as we proceeded to drag him trick-or-treating through the mall. Why take him trick-or-treating you ask? So Chris and I can get some free candy of course! Hehehe! After a while Aubin came to life again, and as he sat on his Uncle Ian's shoulders he began to babble and "bbbb-ah, bbbb-ah, bbbb-ah" for all to hear. So cute! I think he actually had fun once he got into the swing of things. The only disappointment we had came from those ill-educated onlookers who mistook Aubin for simply a sailor! Shame on them! But, you be the judge! Happy Halloween!


Didn't Nathan look awesome? And I loved Crevan's green hair!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

There was never a more perfectly suited Halloween costume. He IS the Stay Puft Marshmallow , um, Kid! He looks so cute, you did a great job with his costume, I'm very impressed. The hat is adorable and he even was happy to wear it! Love the pictures with Nathan and Creven and Ian.