Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Late Birthday Aubin Babe

This is late...like a month late, but as many of you know we've just been a tad bit busy. However, I didn't want to let this blog go buy without the celebrating of our wonderful Aubin's birthday! I can't believe I worked for 52 hours to have this kid a year ago!!! It started on a Monday afternoon, and he was here on a Wednesday afternoon... a year ago. Weird. Joyful. I'll I can say is that Aubin is truly the light of our lives. Chris and I could never have expected the love, adoration, brilliance and total awe that is Aubin. He sure took his time to get here, but time has gone so fast since. So here is a list of things we just didn't know we were missing till our Abba-Jabba, Bug, Bud came along, and some pics of his fun birthday, with his daddy and all:


1. The Seagull- Did you know that babies, especially Aubin, can sound just like Seagulls when they are born. Made me feel closer to Washington, haha!

2. Strength- Aubin could lift up his head from the day he was born, literally, and it seems like he just kept a truckin'. He's so strong physically, and his will can stand on it's own too!

3. The "Green Iron" face- for those of you have seen the movie "Zoolander", you will recall the "blue steel" face I am referring too. Aubin had a similar version which we named the "Green Iron" face. Priceless!

4. Smiles!!!- Who knew you would adore a smile so much? I would always wonder at those goofy moms who made absolute fools of themselves to get a smile or a laugh out of their kids. I get it. Goofy, Ridiculous mom... you're one of us!

5. Hiccups and yawns, oh my!- Possibly two of my favorite sounds in the world. Aubin absolutely HATED getting hiccups, which made me feel bad for the little guy, but I couldn't help the absolute bliss I felt at the sound of them. While yawns were not so dreaded by him, they were equally as blissful to me.

6. Crazy legs- Aubin has ALWAYS been on the move. We'll never forget how he continually shot his little legs and arms all around before he could crawl. He looked like a fish flopping out of water. Speaking of, in the bat tub, he especially loved to flail those legs and arms. Water went everywhere. When his Uncle Ian was over to witness this, there was no end to the laughter. So cute!

7. The Johnny Jumper- This was one of those in the doorway jumpers that was given to Aubin by Ian, and we have the first time he tried it on video. Hysterical! Ian was laughing so hard from pure enjoyment of Aubin, that he began to sound like a girl when he giggled. And those of us who were already laughing began to topple over in tears of laughter. I should have sent the video in to America's Funniest Home Videos. Aubin loved that thing!... but in true Aubin fashion, that meant he would only use it for about 10 minutes at a time...

8. Crawling!- Joy! He was so determined to move on his own from the beginning. Chris and I were so excited when he took those first little strokes across the floor all on his own. We knew he would get it quickly, and he did.

9. All the noise, noise, noise!- We have loved hearing all of Aubin's sounds. From the Seagull, to the shouting of random noises, to actual words, and everything in between! Momma was the first work, and glee is how I would describe it. He loves to sing, loves to shout, and does all the time. That's how he let's us know he is a happy guy! I think when he begins to actually talk more though, I'm in BIG trouble!

10. The stunts- Walking, shaking his head while walking, throwing himself all over the couch, falling off the couch, jumping into our arms off of the counter, etc... I could go on forever. We love his little sense of adventure, with just enough of a hint of caution. It's nice to have a kid that you can have fun with, but you know he's not going to go overboard. So far he's that way at least. He's a blast!


Aubin, we love you. Thanks for all the lessons, all the joy, and all the character you bring to our lives. You are our greatest jewel. Happy 1st Birthday!



The setting. Do like my Dr. Seuss-ical cupcakes? Homemade frosting, yum!


These were a big hit! Mini cupcakes on a lollipop stick. So fun, and soooo good! I thought a cupcake theme would be fun, and more Aubin's size.


"That looks fun!"


He would try to touch the flame!


Momma and Dadda blew the candle out for him.




His first taste of sweets!



I think he liked it! You should have seen him eat the ice cream though! He takes after his Dadda.


Chris enjoying the sight.


Yeah, he liked it.


" I think I'm going to be sick"


"No, I'm good. I can have some more."


"Ok. I'm done."


My Dad with some of the kids. Kids always climb all over him for some reason. I think he reminds them of Santa or something. Haha!

He opened all of the presents by himself. Big boy!

Chris helping him check things out!

Aubin had tons of fun, and so did we. Thanks to everyone who was able to be there.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

What a cute, sweet post! It truly flies, doesn't it? It looks like a great birthday, I love those green cupcakes!

Megan said...

Happy 1st Birthday Aubin! What a fun party! He is getting so big, and just gets cuter all the time! I miss you my love!