Monday, May 18, 2009

Washington... D.C. that is!

Here is a slide show of several pictures taken on our (meaning Aubin and myself) to visit his Grandma and Grandpa in DC. We had tons of fun and saw oodles of sights. This kid is already an Army brat, believe me! I've never traveled so much in my life, and this was only in March! So take a look at the pics.




Aubin loved the rocks, gems and crystals in the Museum of Natural History, and yes... that is the Hope Diamond.... and how huge it is! I can't believe some of the jewelry we saw. I think I would be forever paranoid if I ever owned anything close to what they had. I sure wouldn't ever wear it! He also loved looking at all the stuffed animals. The temple was beautiful, and I took pictures of the carpet because Aubin kept pulling me down and placing my hands on the golden circles. It was hilarious! I felt like I was playing Twister in the middle of the temple visitor's center. Grandma and Grandpa were, needless to say, in bliss. They played till they could play no more! We saw the White House, and Ivanka Trump (so funny!). We visited the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Memorial (that had no water...what the heck?), the Arlington National Cemetery (the most peaceful and beautiful place I think I have ever been), and Clay and Tammie watched Aubin for an afternoon so I could go see the Holocaust Museum. No pictures taken there because I didn't think it would be appropriate, and it turns out I was right because they don't allow cameras. That was definitely an experience I will NEVER forget. If you ever get the chance, you have to go. It's tough, but so humbling. Anyways, go to DC for sure if you ever get the chance. Until then, enjoy these pictures!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

What a great trip! I have never been there, but I am dying to go! You wouldn't want to wear the Hope Diamond anyway, isn't it supposed to be cursed or something? Yipes! And I hear amazing reports of the Holocaust museum. I am glad you had a chance to go.

Megan said...

sweet dude! what an awesome experience for you! I miss you, I need to call you or you need to call me!!!

Ashley said...

Wow, he's such a big boy now! What a cutie!