Sunday, October 4, 2009

Settling In

Our adorable townhouse is in a very quiet neighborhood, and we all love it! Aubin has a nice big room with lots of sunlight, and our room has a small view of the ocean! We love Monterey and are so enjoying being a family again.

Aubin is definitely a daddy's boy. He loves to play in his room and then stand at the top of the stairs yelling "Daddy!" (He actually says "Daddy" like "Dah-eee", but he says it so fast that it actually sounds like he's saying it correctly.) He doesn't stop until Chris comes up to see what he has or play with him. It's so cute! He is so happy to have his Dadda back. So am I!

Aubin has loved getting familiar with our new home and all the new places to hide. He's so funny. He loves nursery at church. Every Sunday he walks right in without a problem, goes to his favorite car, and that's that. No "bye-bye" no nothin'. Honestly, Chris and I don't mind. I don't think we've ever enjoyed church more! Not that we don't absolutely adore our buggy boy, but it is nice to have a break once in a while and actually be able to listen.

What's new with Aubin? He said purple! Yep. Last week I was going through some flashcards and held up a purple circle. Knowing Aubin will not be forced to do ANYTHING, I nonchalantly held up the card and said "can you say purple?" I honestly didn't expect anything, but sure enough he said it! I don't think I could write the way he said it and do it any kind of justice, so I won't try. But suffice it to say, I was so surprised and delighted. And he's said it once since, but that's it. Every time I try to get him to say it more, he just looks away and plays with something. I get the message Aubin, don't push you... ~side note: he has actually said this more and more, and increasingly more pronounced. The only complication we've had is that we applauded so much when he did say it, he now thinks every time we say purple that he is supposed to applaud. Either way, it's cute and exciting.~ One development that I love is that he now hugs and kisses very often and regularly. In addition to the actual act, he has now added sound effects. When he gives hugs he goes "haaaaa" with the H super exhagerated and when he kisses he makes a "mah" sound. And every night before I put him to sleep, he runs down stairs, gives daddy "loves" and then comes running to me and jumps in my arms. He then waves and says "nuh-nigh" in his tiny little voice, and then blows kisses. That moment at night is probably one of my very favorite things. Chris and I just melt every time.


Aubin continues to be extremely active and to speak more and more (most recently "down", and "treats" which sounds like "deets"). We've enjoyed new adventures around town and had lots of fun. More to come!


Dad can't resist squeezing that face in to all sorts of goofy scrunches!

"Really? What?"

"Okay. Yeah, he's funny!"

These two cracked me up! Can you believe that feather fluff on top of the ducks head?

Aubin forgot to be soft with the bunny. Poor thing. He nearly popped it's head off. Literally.

Petting a chick.

I love baby goats. I couldn't stop squealing at their cuteness. Luckily, Aubin was very gentle with them.

This is another one of Aubin's newest things. He randomly started doing this when grandma and grandpa were here, and he continually does it all the time. He walks around in parade rest. And almost everytime we are out and I'm trying to get him to hold his hand, all of a sudden he starts doing this as if to say "it's okay, I won't touch anything."

He loved the bouncy castle, as we knew he would!

Saying hi.

That's right. Chris had to go in after him in order to get him out. Shoulda known!

Giving him rides around the front room.

Cheez-ball face! Like the xbox in the background...ugh.

Just had to take a pic of his cute little behind!

Climbing at "Lover's Point." He climbed to the very top of these rocks all by himself, and all over all the other rocks. Chris and the other observers were way impressed. Chris said that people wouldn't stop talking about it. He's a monkey!

I accidentally caused a huge food feud. I had some cheerios and dropped some to what was two squirrels, out of nowhere came like 10 more (not pictured). Not even joking. These guys are NOT shy in the least. They were coming right up to my toes and I'm sure would have climbed all over me if I hadn't kept moving back and throwing the food out. I actually had to have Chris pick Aubin up and hold him because they were threatening to do the same to him. I had fun though!

I saw this and had to take a picture. This is dedicated to the new little one soon to be joining the fam.

We took Aubin to this amazing park. So much fun!

Aubin walking around the big locomotive. It was so neat to go inside and walk all over it. Notice the arms again!


He went down this slide over and over again! I went a couple of times too. It was a fun ride!

He is such a climber! He climbed up this ladder all by himself too. One of us is always right there in case he falls though.

Aubin saw this ladder-bridge thing and immediately started on it! Again, all by himself. He freaks out sometimes if you try to help.

Aubin went storming out of a tunnel and didn't remember there was a step, a rather large step, and he fell right off and down on his right side. If you enlarge the picture, you can see that his whole right side of his body has dirt and small wood-chips on it. He didn't cry though, he just seemed confused.

The cool ricketty suspended ladder. You can get it to shake and sway a lot and you definitely have to keep a good hold on your kiddo.

Of course, I have been making tons of food! There are very few dishes that I make more than once, which means I make lots of different things all of the time... and this is a winner. This will probably be made many more times. It's blueberry cornmeal waffles with orang-maple butter. Pretty much the best pancakes Chris and I have ever had...really so good. Try them. Check out the recipe at bakerella.com . The recipe is originally from Martha Stewart, but I stumbled on it at bakerella's website. Seriously though, you can't miss out on these!

I went to an activity for RS in our ward and learned how to decorate a cake. I was so happy and pleased with my accomplishment and instantly texted this picture to my mom! I knew she would appreciate the feat. It's always fun to learn and new an useful talent. Watch for Aubin's birthday cake this year!


We're having tons of fun and miss you all, but are so grateful for such great tools as this to be able to stay in touch and share our happy memories. And we love seeing all of yours, so keep 'em comin'!

No comments: