Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Think I've Been Asleep.... And I Just Woke Up!

Many of you know I'm dying to get pregnant with baby #2. So far, no luck. Because of this "dying" thing, I've been kind of putting everything else on hold. Yes we still eat dinner, yes I still do laundry... I've been doing the basics, but I've been kind of waiting for that next milestone before I try to be, well, me again. It sounds odd, but it's true. I've wanted to start working out, but I've also been tired, and "I don't want to over-do things by accident and put a possible pregnancy in danger." I didn't really come to this realization till just before we left for Utah for Christmas. An even happened that sort of jerked me out of my zombie-like state. So then, today, Aubin and I ate breakfast, got dressed, and went for a walk. Aubin loves his jogging stroller and was so excited at the sight of it. I plopped him in, for that's all you can do with Aubin now-a-days, fixed his straps, and off we went.

Monterey is a lot like downtown Seattle if you've ever been. There are lots of steep hills everywhere. So I knew that while walking down was okay, Aubin in his stroller was going to kill me on the way back! But it was worth it. We could see the Bay the whole walk down, we saw several lemon trees, tons of beautiful flowers, and the air smelt delicious! It was so clean, crisp, and moist with just the perfect hint of lumber. I felt ALIVE! I remembered what I felt like before when I was active on a continual basis, and spent time taking care of myself and not just everyone else in order to forget myself... Not making sense? Well, anyways, I decided to pass our house on the way back and Aubs and I found an adorably play park. It's just a few blocks from our house, and we never knew it was there. Silly kids!

Aubin got out of the stroller, and instantly began climbing everything he could reach. He had so much fun, and together we pushed the stroller back to our house in time to see Chris for lunch. After lunch, Aubin and I had a huge dance/run party in the front room to some groovy tunes, and we generally had a blast together. I thought that all this activity would make Aubin konk right out for his nap... but no, it didn't. Instead I think I may have re-charged one of his emergency batteries. Oh well.

It was a great morning, and wonderful afternoon. We will have more days like it because I am now AWAKE. Fun, fun.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

I am glad you were able to embrace the day! It is hard when you feel like you are in a holding pattern. I am sure Monterey is just so BEAUTIFUL this time of year!

Natasha Ireland said...

im so glad for u Becca

Jallin said...

It's so hard to get out of the huge rutt once you find yourself in it. I'm happy that you are feeling more like Bec again :)

Lauren said...

I'm so glad I now know your blog and have one more thing to distract me from getting actual work done. I love your posts! You have great writing style.

Anonymous said...

Wow this was a really good post thank you for sharing. I think I've been doing that a little too trying to figure out what next. You've totally inspired me to get on living and let the next steps happen along the way. Love you!