Tuesday, April 27, 2010

At Long Last...

The secret is finally out... well it's getting there at least.

Want to know what the secret is???? Our eggo is preggo! And has been for 15 weeks now! We wanted to wait to surprise Chris' parents who were coming to town on the 12th of April.... and now that has come and gone and I am just now getting around to posting a blog about it! Go figure! We just couldn't resist the idea of them walking in and me just standing there with a little preggers belly. I started showing at like 5 weeks with this one, so there was plenty of proof when they got here.

This is such a happy time. Chris and I wanted to start trying shortly after Aubin turned one, but with him being in another state and all... it was a little difficult! So that was of course on our minds when we were finally able to live with each other again, and wouldn't you know that once we finally try to plan a pregnancy, we don't get pregnant! It was really hard for a while, because Aubin was a big surprise. I blessed surprise. But there was no waiting, no wondering, no trying and failing. It just happened and... Bam! You're gonna have a baby. This one was quite the opposite. I can't complain too much because I know we could have been waiting much longer, so I'm just as happy as can be!

This baby is due to come October 19th, but we are hoping "it" decides to come early. Aubin was clearly supposed to have come earlier, and I'm convinced he had zero intentions of joining the world beyond my womb. So if this one is anything like him, we may be in for some waiting... again!

When I initially went to verify that I was indeed pregnant, the first thing I was told was that I would have to have another c-section. Those of you who know me well can imagine the panic I felt at those words. I am grateful I was able to have a healthy baby boy, and grateful for modern medicine that without I might have lost my child or my own life, but nevertheless it was a very hard thing for me. I really tried everything I could to have a completely natural birth. So this time I was at least hoping to have the option to try again. I was told in Utah that I would. However, here in this area of California VBAC's (vaginal birth after cesarean) are banned in all the hospitals in the area and surrounding areas. All but one. I was determined to find a way to have more options. I just wasn't comfortable with having no option at all. Through much research I found one hospital that just recently reversed their ban and allows VBAC's. The hospital is 45 minutes away (if there's no traffic). Not ideal, but I'll take it! I immediately made an appointment and love my doctor. It's actually a staff of about 5 Dr.'s who all practice and perform VBAC where possible.

Obviously certain factors must line up just right in order for me to continue to be eligible to try a VBAC, so there's always a possibility I might have to have another C-section anyway. I'm okay with that. I just want to know that I have every option available to me so we can make the best decision for us and the baby. Poor Chris is a little less enthused than I am about the whole thing, but he is being very supportive and very positive. So we'll just have to see how things go. I do truly pray and hope that all goes well and enables me to have a successful VBAC. It really has always been a desire of mine to give birth myself and experience that. Some of you may think I'm crazy, but some day I'll post the whole story with Aubin, and you'll understand just how close I came and maybe that will explain a little bit.

Moving on though. We are SO excited. So far the little fella/gal has proven themselves quite strong. Around 12.5 weeks I was sitting with my hand on my stomach and felt the baby push 4 times on my hand. Like from the outside I felt it. I might have thought this was a fluke had I not had the 4 consecutive bumps. A day or two later when Chris and I were going to sleep he felt it in his hand. So it's not just me! Honestly, Chris and I are happy to have a strong baby, but we also both kind of had the thought "uh-oh." Aubin was a good sized baby from the beginning and continues to amaze us with his strength, and he is hardly EVER still... So if the bumping is any indication, I may have my hands VERY full soon. We'll just see though. Dainty little girls can be strong too... Right?

We probably won't be able to find out the gender until the beginning of my 3rd trimester... Which may just drive me insane, but there's not much I can do about it. Whatever we have though, the names are picked out and I can't wait to hold them in my arms!!!! I know Aubin will be an amazing older brother. It will be an adjustment for him at first, because he is quite used to having my attention all to himself, but he loves to help and loves to do "big boy" things. Once he figures out that he can help and be the big brother, I think he'll shine. Can hardly wait.

So since you've all missed most of the development thus far, here are a couple of pics. More to come. Chris just keeps saying "you're gonna get huge." Thanks dear. That makes me feel awesome. I'm sure he's right though. This time I'm really trying to avoid the water weight though. I gained a little over 50 lbs. with Aubin. I gained 15 lbs. the first two trimesters, and then exploded the last trimester. On the positive side, so much of it was water weight and the baby, etc... that I lost 33 lbs. after just 2 weeks of having Aubin. So I figure if I can avoid the water weight gain, maybe I have a chance of avoiding the 3rd trimester explosion. Time will tell my friends. If not, yes, I will indeed be huge. But I'm convinced huge bellies make for very cute, round, happy kids. So I'm fine either way. ;) These are the pictures I could find for now, as I said I will post more eventually. Love you all!

5 Weeks

11 Weeks

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Yeah for a blog post from Rebecca! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever - so I'm glad to hear things are going good. Congrats again on the baby, I think the belly pictures are darling!

Colleen said...

HOORAY! That's the best news! I am so happy for you guys. I hope all goes well and your VBAC is possible and smooth. You look ADORABLE!

Jallin said...

You are SO cute prego!! I am sad that I haven't been able to witness this yet with you. Ew. We need to live in the same state again. Soon my friend. Soon!! Keep the pictures comin'!! Love you!

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Oh, I'm glad I checked your blog today! Congratulations! I hope you are feeling well so far. I am so excited for you guys. Hey, and our babies will be close in age!

By the way, I enjoy reading your blog in general. I'm glad you guys get to be together again and have had a chance to do some fun and romantic things together.

Oh yeah, I also meant to mention that my sister-in-law has had a couple VBACs now (she had to hunt for the right place, too, in OR). Let me know if you'd be interested in e-mailing her questions. Good luck! I hope you get to have the delivery how you want it.