As the title suggests, I was way SUPER excited... but along with the excitement came some pretty strong nerves! Like: "Whoa... This thing is expensive" and "Now I actually can and have to do it!" meaning start my photography business. It's a big step in more than one way, but oh my gosh I'm so happy. I love taking pictures more than almost anything else! To not be able to take really great pictures has been at times depressing, so I'm so grateful for the opportunity to finally explore and grow more in this area. Gloria!
Also, as this post involves Mother's Day, I figured now would be as good a time as any to reveal, to those who don't yet know, that I will be the proud momma of.......... A GIRL!!!!!!!!
That's right! In just 17 more weeks (that's it!? Holy smokes!) I will have a little boy AND a little girl. Which really, is much needed. I was beginning to think a would forever be outnumbered by boys. I can think of much worse things, but still, I have always been nervous that I wouldn't get a girl. After growing up with 3 boys, and having a boy 1st I was beginning to have my doubts. I can now lay those worries to rest. Furthermore, she will be the first grand-daughter on both sides! Needless to say, she will be a treasured addition to the family. I will post pictures of the ultrasound soon.
I can tell you this much about her so far: She moves more than I ever remember Aubin moving, so heads up to us! She is currently measuring smaller than Aubin did (hallelujah!), yet it appears she has the same sized appetite as her elder brother. She was drinking during the ENTIRE ultrasound. Almost 30 minutes! So prayers please that she is smaller than Aubin, we want her healthy but smaller, as that would increase my chances of a successful VBAC :) Oh! And her name is Lilia. Also like her brother, she stops kicking as soon as her father tries to feel her kick. I have successfully displayed her movements, however, by placing a remote or cell phone over the area where she is. Then you can see it move when she kicks! Chris thought that was pretty awesome. She's beautiful, I just know it! We can't wait to meet her!
Here's what I looked like at 21 weeks:
2 comments:
Yeah for your camera and yeah for a little girl! Lilia is a darling name, I'm so excited for you. Also, have fun in Utah! But be sure to come back. So we can party.
Beck, you're so darn cute! Yay for the camera and YAAAAAY for the baby girl!!! I'm so happy for you! When are you coming to visit Sea-town again?! I miss your face! Just don't come for another 3 weeks or so...I'm in Cambodia at the moment-typing this from an internet cafe there :) I'll fill you in when I get back! Love ya, and Happy Mother's Day belated :)
Post a Comment