Monday, September 13, 2010

Humor

So I'm convinced that one of the things God wants us to learn on this beautiful place called Earth is to have a sense of humor. After all, if we are supposed to be striving to be like Him, why wouldn't we? Pretty sure God is the funniest being ever, albeit a bit twisted at times. If I am correct in this theory, Aubin is off to a good start.

Chris and I have talked to Aubin a lot about the fact that he is going to be a big brother and have a baby sister. Sometimes he gets excited, sometimes he says "no", and other times he looks at us blankly. While he understands what a baby is, I don't think he is really connecting the fact that there is one in Mommy's tummy or that it is about to come out and be a permanent fixture in our family. Nevertheless, we still bring it up when we can to try to get him familiar with the idea. Well, on Saturday we were all getting ready to leave for a shopping excursion. Something was said that made Chris and I think it was an appropriate time to bring up the "baby sees-ta" idea again. So we both joyfully said "Aubin, you are going to have a baby sister." To which Aubin dramatically replied:"dun-dun-DUN!" Priceless.

Obviously, Chris and I both busted up laughing, and Aubin was clearly amused himself. I couldn't help but think to myself, if he keeps this kind of thing up, he's gonna be alright.

IMG_0645

2 comments:

Colleen said...

What a crack up! He's going to make a great big bro.

Lauren said...

I love that picture, Aubin is so cute. DUN DUN DUN hahaha. Can't wait to see how cute his new baby sister is going to be.