Aubin was watching one of his favorite shows the other day (Word World), and there was something in it about a fire. I wasn't paying very close attention, but something caught fire I think and they had to put it out. Ever since then, Aubin has been a bit confused. He will look at random things and yell "oh no! Fire! Help!" As I have been thinking about it, it's understandable that he is so confused. I mean, we avoid fire for the most part, so it's a very hard concept to wrap your head around. At any rate, he has been pointing to "fire" for weeks now. One day when I was shopping at Target, Aubin was in my cart when he randomly shouted "Fire! Help me! Fire!" Awesome. Lucky for me no one was really around. I tried to explain to him that he really shouldn't be shouting that because people will be worried for no reason. Obviously he doesn't understand that either, but I'm trying. Anyways, so this leads me to tonight.
We were putting the kids to bed and reading scriptures before prayer and goodnight. We just started the Book of Mormon and I began reading in 1 Nephi 1:6 "And it came to pass as he prayed unto the Lord, there came a a pillar of fire and ..." I got no further before Chris and I erupted in laughter as Aubin, very dramatically might I add, said "Oh
no! Fire! Help le fire." Again, nothing quite like kids. They make everything (except sleeping maybe) a bit more fun. ;)

It's hard not to have fun with these boys ;) ( the picture doesn't match the post, but posts are more fun with pictures, I think.)
2 comments:
Ha...that's so funny. What a cute boy! He is so smart.
Great story! That boy is a joy!
Post a Comment