Saturday, April 2, 2011

I love the nightlife, I like to boogie

True story.  The night and I have a love/hate relationship.  I am a total night owl.  I grew up in a family of night owls (excluding my unfortunate father, who had to endure our late night shenanigans).  Thus, being a mother is hard because I am extremely sleep deprived and long for sleep, and yet when the night comes, all I want to do is stay up and do... stuff.  Anything really.  Chores if I could!  Which I can't, because I would wake my kids up.  Every night I think "tonight I'm going to bed early" and every night I stay up.  A normal person would probably think "well, someday my kids will grow up and I can stay up late again because I'll actually be able to sleep once I go to sleep.  So till then, I just need to go to bed at a normal time."  Instead I think "well,  someday my kids will grow up and it won't be so hard to stay up.  So till then, I'll just be really tired."  I need help ;)

3 comments:

Kristen and Alex said...

Ha....you're funny. Alex and I are both people that like to stay up late, but he has to leave for work super early and I have the same problem as you. So we go to bed by 10 every night. It is hard, but I LOVE my sleep too much. You just gotta go to sleep. It's nice to feel well rested.

Colleen said...

You and I are SO the same in this way. And while I make every attempt for early bed, I just can't do it. So sleep deprivation it is! Good to know I'm not the only one!

*ehu. said...

Oh I LOVE nighttime. There's just something about a dark, quiet house that makes me giddy! Plus, I think I'm a night owl as well.