(hehe. She got her mom's slightly asian eyes)
Lilia is 6 months old! Can you believe it? It just seems insane to me that my little itty bitty baby girl is half a year old. Time passes so quickly now-a-days it seems. So much has happened since her beautiful spirit joined our home, and I can't imagine our lives without her. She is perfect to me in every way. Happy half birthday baby girl!The specs: Lilia now weighs 12lbs. 13.5oz. A mere 6 or so pounds less than her brother did at her age!
She is 24.5" long. She has moved up to the 10% for weight and 25% for length.
Some developments of our precious Lilia:
- She has a smile that lights up the room. It's impossible to resist. However, she is a very serious girl. She seems to have a quotient for the day on smiles, and once she's reached it she's done. It is for that reason that people so hopefully seek for that little angel to smile. It's truly a compliment if you get one, but don't take it personally if you just get a stern scowl instead.
- Speaking of scowls... She has inherited her mother's serious scowl. Funny how those things happen, but it's true. Chris teases me all the time when I'm thinking intently on something "and that's where Lilia got that face." Haha!
- She is very visual. She is just now starting to respond to music, but she absolutely loves to watch pictures and images. I sometimes wonder if she will be artistic like her Papa. Wouldn't that be lovely!
- She has discovered her voice, and the fact that she can get attention when she uses it. It's completely delightful when she's squawking and talking, but when she decides to shriek... Well, that's not so delightful.
- She loves to grab her toes, and she hasn't made much progress crawling because she insists on rolling onto her back every time we put her on her tummy. She does, however, adore to stand and loves to be in her walker.
- She has the tiniest feet. She still has to wear newborn shoes, and there is room to spare. It's crazy. The other day I put some old doll shoes I had from when I was a kid on her, and they were still big even with her thickest socks on. I think they are the cutest feet ever!
- She is attached to her momma, literally, at the hip. With Aubin I went back to work when he was just a little under 3 months. He was always a momma's boy, but was good about being with other people for the most part. Lilia is not this way. She wants her momma always, and will track me around the room if she's not directly in my arms. I can't help but love it a little, but sometimes it's a pain! I will say though, it's one of my favorite things when she gets transferred back to me after being with someone else, and she looks at me, squeals with glee and grabs my face with her tiny chubby hands. I mean really, how could I not love that?!
- As she is completely attached to her mommy, she will have NOTHING to do with a bottle. We were able to get her to take one for a couple of weeks, and I guess she figured out that a bottle means that mommy is gone. So now she refuses. So much for my whole "I'll start cutting back at 6 months" theory. I think this must be payback for the fact that I would not take a bottle when I was a baby either. My mom had to nurse me till I was 16 months old while attending school, and working, and taking care of 4 children and a sick husband. I get it mom, you rocked the casbah. :)
- She loves her big brother. Sometimes when Lilia is unhappy because she's not getting the attention she wants, Aubin will go over to her and start to play with toys next to her or talk to her. The best is when he moves the little bears on her walker and makes them talk to her in his pretend voice. Whatever he does, she stops crying and is enthralled. It's so cute. I know her big brother will always watch over her.
- She is unaware that in order to eat solid foods, you have to swallow. I've been working with her for weeks now on the whole solid foods thing. She still is not sure what to make of the whole thing. However, if she could figure out that you swallow the food, things would probably go a lot smoother. As it is now she either spits the stuff right back out, or she mulls it around till it reaches the back of her throat at which time she gags. I'm really starting to wonder if she's ever gonna get it.
- Lastly, her chubby cheeks are deceiving! So many people think that she is such a chunk because her face and cheeks are so chubby, but she's really a tiny little thing. When people would hold Aubin they would always be surprised by how much he weighed. Lilia's the opposite. She is so light compared to what her face would imply. She'll grow into 'em though. ;)
Lilia is an absolute joy to all of us. We love every single thing about her. I can't imagine our home without her in it, and I feel blessed and grateful to know her and be her mother every day. I love you Lilia!
3 comments:
She is so beautiful! I love her spring yellow outfit! SO precious!
SO cute! She sounds like a gem! And SO tiny. I have a friend who had a baby born at 12 pounds! :)
She is adorable Rebecca! She has such beautiful eyes!
Post a Comment