Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bah! I'm Behind!

So, I've wanted to blog so much lately and have had tons of things in my mind...but haven't had the time to actually do it! It's rather late and I really need to go to bed... but I just won't sleep well unless I write something, so here goes. The past couple of weeks have been very busy, stressful, and wonderful all at once. We are trying to sell our condo (by July no less) but have had a hard time because we haven't had time to clean and make it presentable for buyers. So my dear sweet brother and sister in-law (Ian and Monica) came over on a Sunday to "watch Aubin" so that I could do some cleaning. However, Monica actually ended up cleaning like 3 rooms while I only finished our bedroom in the same amount of time. Not only this, but she also took care of Aubin while doing it! Needless to say, I was overwhelmed with gratitude and so grateful to have such a wonderful sister!

Ok, moving on (I have to make this fast!). Aubin is now a whopping 17 pounds and healthy as can be! We are so blessed to have him and he is what keeps us going (and running!). He started solids a couple of weeks ago, and he may not like everything...but he will eat everything! He also got a walker and a doorway jumper (thanks Ian, Monica, and Maryanne!) to play with and he loves it. He hasn't even been in the walker much at all and last Friday he started to walk forward in it! He learns so fast! He has also started rolling, and we think it's just a matter of time before he starts crawling! We love our little bug! He's the best.

Last item.... I will be quiting my 40+ hour a week job as of May 30th, and trying to find something that is less hours so that I can be home with Aubin more. This is obviously a stressful thing, but we have lots of support and we know that the Lord will help us along the way if we have faith and follow his promptings...so pray that we hear him!!!!

I don't have time to post any "new" pictures right now, but for those of you who haven't seen the pictures we got taken of him when my parents were here for his blessing, here you are! These aren't all of them...so I will post the rest when I can!

Love you all and thank you for all of your support!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Seventeen pounds???? WOW!! Can't wait for the cousins to meet each other! Spence is just a little guy by comparison ... we're guessing about 14 pounds at this point. Wish we had a scale ... Well, we'll just have to hold Aubin in one hand and Spence in the other and try to guess. :)

Megan said...

What a sweet little chub! I can't believe he is 17lbs! Momma must be doing something right! I just want to squeeze him! I miss you!!!

Natasha Ireland said...

UPDATE MORE> I MISS YOU.......tons.