Sunday, July 20, 2008

6 months... and a Move!

So I feel awful because I wanted to do this huge blog for Aubin's 6 month birthday, but unfortunately we moved the day after. That meant that the day of was spent packing, and doing all sorts of non Aubin's half birthday related things. The good news is... we are finally moved. It was a crazy day involving a guy trying to get me signed up for a real estate school when all I wanted to do was rent a trailer! We found out Chris's license had expired... not exactly a good time to realize that, and ya know... the usual set backs. But, at long last it is done! I'm so grateful for my father in-law, Clay, who so happily volunteered his time and probably all of his energy for the day to come and help us move. He also saved me from the crazy U-Haul guy! And of course, thanks to my big bro Ian who came to help move the last of the big things and didn't even leave for his house till like 1am! I love you Clay and Ian! Last, but not least, thanks to my hubby who didn't waste time with anything and didn't complain once! And knowing me, I probably wasn't the most calm and easy person to deal with that day. Thank you sweetie! You're amazing!

We now live in Provo, in the basement apartment of Chris' parent's house. I have been working around the clock it feels like to get everything unpacked, settled in, and decorated so that it feels like home. So far so good. We definatly miss our condo in Eagle Mountain, we loved living out there, but it's nice to be back in Provo and close to everything too. I will post pictures of the new place as soon as I am all done!

Now back to our favorite munchkin... Aubin!!! I can't believe he is 6 months old! No words could ever describe how I feel about my little boy. He is my world. When I married Chris I couldn't believe how happy I was, and now with Aubin it has just gotten better. Chris and I have both felt closer since he has come into our lives and really feel like he has made our marriage stronger. We just love having him and seeing him grow and experience new things. Did I mention the growing? Aubin is now almost 22 lbs. At his 6 month visit he was 21.5 lbs and 27.25 in. long! The doctor said that since he is growing, he might start to lose weight, but we'll see. It seems like he just eats more, and we also just started introducing meat, cheese, and yogurt into his diet, so time will tell! But here are just a few of our favorite things about our little bug!

1) Love his face expressions. From the day he was born he could control those eyebrows and face muscles better than I have ever been able to in my whole life! He's just so funny to watch.

2) His fake coughing. Aubin apparently started to mimik me after I was having some chest congestion, and now he thinks it's the funniest thing. We were over at Matt and Lisa's for 4th of July and Aubin just opens his mouth and starts "coughin" over and over again. Everyone just cracked up, and Aubin started laughing and doing it over and over again! It really is so funny!

3)"Mamma". Can I say heart melt? I just die a little everytime I hear him say this. The other morning, he woke up and was crying. I went in to get him and Chris apparently followed. When I picked Aubin up he whimpered "mmm, mamma". Chris and I both just melted. So sweet.

4) The action. Aubin cannot sit still. It's just not something he does. He is always crawling, or jumping, or in his walker... and we love it! Keeps me very busy, but it's amazing to see him lock in on something he wants and just go for it (specifically cords and me!). We definitely have to watch him closely.

5) The mouth! Yes, he takes after the McCarter's, and well... we have big mouths! Aubin's thing when he is excited or happy is to open that mouth as wide as he can in a sort of smile and launch at you. It's the cutest thing, and again something he has done since he was just tiny. I love to sit and play with him face to face and just meet him in the middle with that huge mouth of his. I guess you have to see it, but it really is the cutest. Chris and I just crack up!

We definitly love our little squirrel, and he was worth every second of those 52 hours of labor! Wouldn't change it for anything. Happy Half Birthday my little baby!

PS- I will post new pics and video soon!

No comments: