Friday, December 11, 2009

He's Always Good For A Surprise!

Aubin is a very good eater. I really have nothing to complain about. He does have a sweet tooth, but that is just further proof that he is my child. As if anyone needed any. One thing that has bugged me for a while though, is that he wouldn't eat lettuce. I know it's not odd for a toddler to dislike salad, but for some reason it seemed like he should! He would just lick the ranch dressing off and then spit the leaf back out. It bugs... Or it used to. He all of the sudden LOVES salad/lettuce! We can't shove that stuff in his mouth fast enough! Yes it has ranch dressing on it, but so does mine! It's wonderful, and it makes me very happy. I'm hoping that this is a lifetime habit and not just a faze. Here's hopin'.

Every night before I go to sleep, I check in on Aubin. I can't sleep unless I do this, even if I checked on him earlier and he was fine. Usually I just check to make sure he's breathing (no, I haven't gotten over that), and adjust his blanket if need be. Wednesday night, when I went in to check on him, everything was fine. He was sleeping peacefully, and seemed warm enough. Then I noticed his socks weren't on his feet. I can't really complain because he kept the rest of his pajamas on, which hasn't happened in almost 2 weeks. I decided to just leave it alone, and then I noticed his hands... He had taken his sock off of his feet and put them on his hands like mittens. Just like I used to do when he was a little infant! I died a little. It was just so stinkin' cute! I quickly went and told Chris who, of course, had to go see for himself. Can't believe how much we love our little one. He is so sweet, and so much fun.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Awwwww, that socks story is great! I love picturing them in their little beds just playing around when they are supposed to be asleep. Hooray for liking salad! Our boys all love salad, but also took awhile to get there, except Luke, oddly enough our worst eater has always liked salad. And that checking on them habit will last for awhile...I still check on all the boys every night before I sleep to make sure they are breathing, and Zach will be nine tomorrow! :)