Friday, March 5, 2010

Cute nothings

I'm a bit behind on blogging as of late. I was hit with a nasty cold last week and was laid out flat, kind of like this....


Now I'm back. Glad that's over! I don't have anything in particular to blog about at this time, but I thought I would just share some cute moments with Aubin from this week.

On Monday morning, Aubin and I got up, walked down the stairs and he ran straight for the couch. I was having a hard time getting his attention in between all of his squirming and climbing and jumping. Finally, I peaked out from the kitchen and asked "Aubin, do you want some milk?" He instantly stopped what he was doing and loudly yelled "ah-ha!!!!" Apparently milk sounded great.

You know it's time for potty training when your son starts saying "pew-pew", grabs the diapers and wipes, lays down on the flour, un-zips his pj's, and says "les-ho" (let's go) while motioning with his hands for you to come over and change him. Right. I'll get right on that.

As we faced yet another day stuck inside when the sky opened and cried all over the city, I asked Aubin if he wanted to watch Bambi. He excitedly turned to me and said "Bam-hi" "Baaam-b-eeeeee"... "O-thai!" Made me smile.

Wednesday night, while sitting on the couch and talking to Chris, Aubin climbed up on my lap and began to play with my fingers. He's constantly climbing on us and pulling things, and I just sort of tune it out sometimes. Then I noticed something funny. I realized that he was playing "This Little Piggy" with my fingers. He was wiggling them one by one, and saying things which made no sense except for the word "home" and then in a high pitched, sweet voice saying "wee-wee-wee" as he tickled me up my arm. And to think, I might have missed that! I'm glad I stopped and paid attention for a minute. What a cute little bug! I could tell he was so happy and proud once I figured out what he was doing.

Chris came down from putting Aubin back in bed with a huge grin on his face. I asked what was up, and he said that when he tucked Aubin in he whispered oh so quietly "puppy? Pah-seas-a? Puppy?" I laughed, because I knew exactly what voice he was talking about. And by the way, "Pah-seas-a" is please... In Aubinish.

We finally had some sun yesterday, so I took Aubin to the park up the road for some much needed play time. It felt great to finally get some son and move around. At the park, there are two areas. One is an older play area, and one is a toddler play area. Aubin loves to go back and forth between the two, but unfortunately the toddler area was completely flooded from the weeks of raining before. There was a giant puddle that practically covered the whole area, so understandably, it was closed off. It has a fence around it and they just tied rope around the gate entrances. Do you think this stopped Aubin though? No. Of course not. I didn't suspect anything when he lingered in one of the corners. I just figured he wanted to get a better look and was trying to still understand why he couldn't go in. After all, I'm sure in Aubin's mind that huge puddle just looked like more fun to be had! So I sat watching him, confident he couldn't get in when I realized... He was on the other side of the fence! He had figured out how to wiggle in between the bars! I quickly ran over and grabbed him before he got away from the fence and lifted him back over. But seriously, what a stink! I should have known he would find some way, because he always does! I'm very honestly considering taking him there today with his rain boots and just letting him go at it... my only worry is that the city park keepers might get mad at me... we'll see.

Last night, Thursday, while getting a bath ready for Aubin, I took off his diaper and was wrapping it to throw it away. I then realized Aubin's "oh no. Oh no!" He sounded very distressed, so I turned back to discover Aubin... Standing naked... Peeing all over the side of the bath tub and the bathroom carpet! I couldn't help but laugh. He looked so funny, and he obviously knew this wasn't good, but just couldn't stop himself! My mom later pointed out I should've taken this opportunity to put him on the potty, but of course, I was too busy laughing.

This morning, I asked if Aubin wanted a banana with breakfast. "Oh, o-thai!" Okay, or o-thai, has newly become his favorite word. I think it's adorable.

Aubin caught a glimpse of "Handy Manny" on the TV this morning, and before I knew it, he ran upstairs and brought down his tools. We sat on the couch and I attempted to teach him how to use his cool tools, but as usual, he just has his own way of doing things. I still thought it was fun that he wanted to play along like the show.

We love our funny, fun bug! Life is never boring with kids, especially boys, is it?

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Holy crap, I can't believe how much Aubin looks like Chris! Such a cutie!

Lauren said...

Aubin is so dang funny. It's great that you write all these fun memories down. I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever. I'm hoping to make it to Spin tomorrow - hope to see ya there!

Colleen said...

What a treasure all these little stories are now, but they will be priceless to you in a few years! Aubin is such a darling little boy!! It does sound like he's ready for the potty training. I wish Luke was there, he's nearly a year older and still says he just pee peed when he really pooped!