Saturday, April 5, 2008

Crazy Three Months

So I thought I should probably write a little bit about what has been going on in our lives...at least that has been exciting...the past few months. Obviously we kicked off the year with the birth of Aubin, and just short of a month after that we celebrated Chris's 27th birthday! (27, do you believe that?). I was still on leave from work, but Chris was working that day, so in my attempt to make it somewhat special I thought of a cute little rhyme the night before and made him a birthday card. Then I made him a cake! Probably the worst cake I've ever made, but previous to that I had never tried to make one while caring for a baby! I tell ya, I was just lucky that it got done at all. Chris seemed to appreciate it nonetheless and he definitely was excited about his new x-box game! Then came our 2 year wedding anniversary. With things as crazy as they've been we just wanted to keep it simple, so one of my great friends (Jessica, you know who you are!) watched Aubin for us while we went out to breakfast at the Hotel Monaco where we stayed on our honeymoon. We had only stayed there one night, but the breakfast there has been something we've never forgotten. We have been reminiscing ever since about the fabulous french toast and house made sausage, with a side of fresh squeezed orange juice of course! So we were so excited to finally go back and relish in that amazing goodness again! And don't you worry...it definitely lived up to the memory!!! Then, lastly at the end of March came my 23rd birthday. I started the morning by helping my cuz Zach and his fiancee, Jordan, with some wedding plans (if helping is what you could call it!) while Chris was at school. He was taking a while to come home, so I knew something was up. Sure enough he came home with a gift card to FYE (so I can get some much needed musica), a glorious chocolate cake, and a card saying "let's eat out!". So we did. We went to Chili's, and I got steak of course! It was so good! And even better, Aubin slept the whole time...so I got to actually eat while it was hot!
Needless to say we have had an eventful past few months...it has been lot's of fun...and now that that's over...we're looking forward to being lazy! We hope you join us in doing the same!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ok Dudee, I officially want to just eat your little munchkin! He is too stinkin cute! Seriously! What a perfect little baby! I can't get over how cute he is! He is just a perfect blend of you two! AHHH! I want to come to Utah right now and just snuggle up on him! Miss and love you guys!!! Glad you had a good b-day! Wish I could have been there!