
Happy Birthday to my dear husband Chris! Last year was so sad being apart. We didn't get to celebrate Aubin's birthday, your birthday, my birthday, or our anniversary together. But this year we do!!!! We love you so much, and are so lucky to have you. Today should easily blow last year out of the water, but just as an added bonus, here are a few things I've enjoyed most about this last year with you:
1) Letters. Thank you for all your sweet and thoughtful letters. It's every girl's dream growing up to have lovesick, mushy letters from the guy she loves. While I didn't love being apart, I love that I now have my own stack of letters to keep, cherish, and read a little bit of you whenever I want.
2) I-pods! I know this is very worldly, but how long did we pine for those things?! I was so excited when I got to give you yours. It was really one of the most memorable events of the year. For all of you who know us, not toting around 6 cases of Cd's in the car everywhere we go was such an awesome thing! So much fun!
3) Seeing Aubin as he recognized your face at your boot camp graduation. I felt certain he would, but just seeing that special spark light in his eye and register on his face was truly an experience to remember. I love the relationship you two have. You are his favorite play pal, and I love seeing you two romp around.
4) Arizona adventure. It was so cool to explore Tombstone and the small town of Bisbee. I think we should go back for an anniversary or something. It was so great to have some time together after being apart for so long, and so fun to enjoy the neat culture they had there. It will always be a special place to me, and it was so good to have you back if only for a little while.
5) 4th of July! What can I say? Awesome food, family, and fireworks. I was so happy to share with you what Aubin and I had been up to while you were away, and meant a lot to me to be able to share with you some of my favorite things about my Washington. It was the best!
6) Moving back together. I was sure that there was going to be an adjustment period when we lived together again, but there wasn't was there? It felt oddly as if we had never been apart. It's been so fun learning the ins and outs of this little town together. One thing I learned this year, that I really didn't quite grasp before, was that home is really where you and Aubin are. It doesn't matter what city, what state, or what house we live in. I feel I'm home when I have you.
Thanks for always being you babe. I love you and can't wait to make more memories and check off more goals this year. Happy Birthday!
3 comments:
By the sounds of it, you have one amazing guy! Crazy, I didn't know you had a blog. You can check mine out at zaneandheathervincent.blogspot.com
So sweet! I love the photo at the top. It sounds like you two make a perfect pair!
What a cute picture of them! And I know I already told you this, but your list seriously made me tear up haha. So sweet - hope this year brings ya'll much more time together as one of the coolest families I know.
Post a Comment