Well, unfortunately, Aubin had taken his toll on the tent when he discovered if he pulled at one place hard enough, he could create a small hole. Then, if he kept pulling on that little hole, he could turn it into a big hole. He was then attempting to escape the crib by crawling through the hole, and out of the crib. When we went to Utah for Christmas, my SIL made a big patch and sewed up the hole for us. Good as new! Right? Wrong! It would seem that Aubin didn't forget about the hole and decided he liked it there. He pulled the patch apart, and then decided he could do one better. So he ripped the WHOLE side of the crib tent completely off!!!!! Needless to say I was NOT amused, and after giving him a thorough scolding, he figured it might be a good idea to FINALLY take a nap and let me cool off.
We had planned on waiting till after we potty trained Aubs, which I planned on beginning next week, before we even began to think of transitioning him to a toddler bed. Well thanks to his mad destroyer skills, we are now going to have to transition him to a toddler bed before we start potty training. Actually I'm not completely convinced of that yet. Part of me wants to just change one thing at a time so it's not too much for me or him, but the other part of me says if he's going to be a "big boy" then take advantage and do them both in one step. What do you guys think? At any rate, ready or not, here comes the no rail, no obstacle, completely free to get out and mess with everything bed. Wish us luck...me mostly... I'll need it! Last night Chris and I took the outer panel of Aubin's crib off in order to turn it into a toddler bed. It's done. There's no going back... not with Aubin. With no tent, there's no keeping Aubin in a crib anyways. We're just going to have to take the plunge! Update... It took me from 8:51pm till 10:27pm to get Aubin to sleep. I'm trying a new technique tonight and hoping it works better.
On the upside, Aubin thought the new transformation of his bed was pretty rad. Check it out:
3 comments:
He looks so sweet in his big kid bed! Sorry about the loss of the tent, and good luck with the potty training. The key (at least for me and my sisters) was awesome prizes; nothing like a Little Pony to motivate you to use the toilet.
Oooh! The great battle has begun! And unfortunately there are no good answers for that one. But you are right, he's darn cute!!
If he's good with rewards, a reward chart might be good, but keep is short to start like even just one night at a time for a reward and then lengthen it once he gets it.
I think maybe one thing at a time is good, put off potty training for a month or so, but you gotta do what feels best for you! Two huge steps! More than likely he won't be getting up in the night to go to the bathroom by himself for awhile, nighttime potty training is a whole different beast!
Good luck!
Oh my gosh Colleen... I didn't even think of the night time potty's! Totally slipped my mind until I read that. He'll just have to wear pull ups at night for a while! And thank you ladies for the helpful tips on rewards! I'll have to hit up the dollar store and find some fun loot.
Post a Comment